227.
His process was to find a pen and remove its cap before he began to write, but he had to find a sheet of paper first, so he stood up and searched the room returning a few minutes later after having stopped to read a pamphlet he found in a stack of paper, then he sat down trying to think up an idea as he stared out the window at the night until he rememberd that he always wrote by typing directly into the computer.
9 comments:
Lovely. Completely.
What an interesting way to blog! Different and likeable. I'm bookmarking you :)
In frustration he leaned back in his chair and threw the pin at his desk. It promptly struck the side of his glass of water sitting on the corner of his desk. In slow motion he watched the glass wobble and tip over spilling all its contents in the computer below. It flowed into the power supply and with a short pop the screen went black. As if to tease him, the monitor flashed "NO SIGNAL." And just like that, he realized that his process had changed again.
Dear Geof
There is a lot of real life poetry in what you write..
Random snapshots that, though we don't realize it, make for most of our lives.
It is quite remarkable how your readers evolved from commenting on what you write to taking it and building on it. I do think they're missing the point, though. There are no stories to complete. There are no word games to solve. There are just images to catch, take in and maybe even remember, and move on.
Take care
F.
F.,
Thanks for your kind words.
I've been intrigued by the comments of the readers and how they build upon my pieces. I assume that people aren't trying to complete my pieces--just see them from another point of view.
The comments to the footnotes are actually a separate work, a separate set of footnotes, but this time they are collaboratively created.
Geof
Hi, I came across your blog some time back and was inspired to start something like yours. I hope you don't mind me "stealing" your idea. I've acknowledged your site.
mis_nomer,
Thanks for the notice. Good start. Find yourself at the top of the list of footnoters. ("Afterthoughts" is a good title in a number of ways.)
Geof
"I've been intrigued by the comments of the readers and how they build upon my pieces. I assume that people aren't trying to complete my pieces--just see them from another point of view.
The comments to the footnotes are actually a separate work, a separate set of footnotes, but this time they are collaboratively created."
I couldn't have said it any better Geof. With my comments I just try to express the thought process that your footnotes kick off. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are dark, but the randomness makes it that much more interesting.
Thanks for doing what you do Geof. It's a great outlet for me. Keep it up and I will keep referring people to your blog!
Mike,
I appreciate your words. And nice use of italics!
Geof
Post a Comment